There’s a lot you can do with an Instapot. You can use as a rice cooker, egg cooker, steamer, pressure cooker and can also be used for making cakes. If you are looking to cook something new using it, here are the 3 recipes that you may want to try.
Chicken Bruschetta is a quick, light and easy to make Instant Pot dish. You can prepare it in under 30 minutes and it tastes great. Not to forget, it’s also really healthy. It’s a great recipe that makes up as a great weeknight meal.
What you will need?
For the Chicken:
- 4-5 medium boneless chicken breasts (~2 pounds)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (for seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 French baguette sliced, buttered and toasted
For the Tomato Topping:
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Total time required from preparation to serving
- 30 minutes
- Get your Instant pot ready and set it to ‘Saute’ mode. Season the chicken breasts with pepper and salt. Add the olive oil to it and allow it to heat for 30 seconds.
- Place one-half of the chicken breasts in the bottom of it. Cook it for 3 minutes. Turn it to the other side and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Pour one tablespoon of oil in the pot and sear the remaining breasts.
- Add garlic to the pot and sauté for 30 seconds. Put in the chicken broth and white wine on the bottom of the pot. Then, put in seared chicken in the pot while sprinkling Italian seasoning.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and cover it with the included lid. Then, set it to the lock position.
- Press the ‘Manual’ button, high pressure setting and set the timer to 6 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn off it.
- Wait for 5 minutes for the pressure to release naturally. Cover the pot with a cloth and then open the release valve.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the topping for the recipe.
- Transfer the Chicken Bruschetta to a serving plate and you are ready to eat. Enjoy!
Side dishes for Chicken Bruschetta
- Brussel Sprout
- Garlic Butter Rolls
- Crock Pot Potatoes
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
#2. Tuscan Ragu Pasta
If you are looking to upgrade your plain old spaghetti, try this recipe to spice things up.
- 8oz sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ lbs. boneless pork shoulder but into 0.8” chunks
- 2 finely chopped medium sized carrots
- 1 finely chopped medium sized onion
- 3 chopped cloves garlic
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- ½ c. milk
- 1c dry red wine
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan
Total time for preparation to serving
- 1 hour
- Turn on the Instant Pot. Set it to medium-high Pressure cook mode and cook the sausage in oil for 5 minutes breaking up meat as it cooks.
- Use a slotted spoon and transfer it to a large bowl. Season pork with ½ teaspoon pepper and salt.
- Pour the pork to pot in batches. Cook till it is brown on both the sides, turning sides halfway through.
- Transfer the pork to the bowl with the sausage in it.
- In the pot, add carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook it for 6 minutes. Then, add dry wine to it and stir it for 2 minutes.
- Return meat to the pot and add milk, bay leaves, and tomatoes while also adding ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cover and set the pressure setting to high. Then, reduce heat settings to low-medium.
- Cook it for 20 minutes. After that, turn it off and wait for the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the cooker lid and discard the bay leaves.
- Served the finished recipe tossed with pasta, garnished with Parmesan.
#3. Mac and Cheese
Looking to make a dash that you can cook faster than going out and grabbing a food from a fast food? Introducing you to the Instant Pot Mac and Cheese.
- 1 lb Macaroni
- 4 cup of water
- 1/4th cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 5oz. can of evaporated milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 2 cup of shredded fontina
- ½ cup of grated parmesan
- 3 spoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Total time for preparation to serving
- 15 minutes
- Turn on it. Put water, butter, mustard, paprika, macaroni and salt on it.
- Secure the lid and set to manual on high-pressure setting.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the Instant pot and let the pressure release naturally. After that, remove the top lid.
- Stir in evaporated cheeses and milk until it’s completely melted and combined.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper.
- The dish is ready to be served.
There you go. These are the 3 easy to make dishes you should try as an Instapot owner. They are easy to cook and taste delicious. Do you have any interesting recipe you would like to share with us? Make sure to leave them in the comments section down below.
How To Clean An Instant pot?
Harvey is a content marketer, traveler, fitness enthusiast with many other things. When it comes to outdoor and technology, Harvey is our go-to guy.