Instant Pot Review
Everyone wants value for money, and although it is impossible to find a pressure cooker that meets all your needs, it is possible to find one that works for you.
This is a comparison between two of the best options on the market. Perhaps this article will make you find one that suits you. A feature rich, programmable electronic pressure cooker that can work as a rice maker, a steamer, and a yogurt maker.
- As mentioned earlier, this pressure cooker has multiple uses. It will make your stove and oven obsolete because it can cook just about anything in half the time. This feature-rich aspect is what makes it so hot on the market.
- Its construction is purely derived from non-stick surfaces. The interior is completely stainless steel, and the exterior is purely plastic. Only the steel touches the food, so you are ensured good value. The stainless steel interior also makes it easy to clean, so you don’t have to worry about leftover grease giving you a hard time.
- The Instapot also saves you a lot of time and energy. What you would normally take you up to two hours to cook only takes about 40 minutes. It’s quick and easy to use, and it works way faster than most similar specification pressure cookers.
- It also gives better results. You don’t have to keep checking up on your food, with the digital timer, this quality cooker is so top-class it replaces half the stuff in your kitchen.
- Energy efficiency is always something that should rank very high up the list when it comes to cooking appliances, and the Instant pot deserves an award on this regard. With a built-in electronic heat source, this pressure cooker is safe, easy to use, self-regulating, and it works fast!
- Also worth mentioning is the fact that it has one feature that blows its competition straight out of the water. It’s programmable! You can actually put food and program it 24 hours prior to when you need it ready. Now isn’t that something?!
- It’s a new way to cook, so it may seem user-friendly, but you still need to know your way around it before you figure out how it works.
- It’s a little expensive compared to other cooking appliances, and although it is totally worth it, the $200 price tag is a bit steep if you’re on a tight budget.
- It may take a bit longer to cook up some recipes compare to, say-stovetops. This is because the Instant pot has a characteristically lower PSI. This is barely noticeable though because it has improved efficiency on practically every level.
- Safety is always a concern when it comes to pressure cookers, no matter how many precautions the manufacturers take, the steam is always an issue, especially for first-timers.
Power Pressure Cooker XL
The XL Power pressure cooker series combines four top-of-the-line cookers with tons of features.
The XL 6 quart with 1000 watts, the XL 8 with 1300 watts, the XL 8 deluxe which comes equipped with flavor infusion technology, and finally, the XL 10 with 1600 watts.
- This pressure cooker series saves time and energy. It cooks meals that would otherwise take a long time ten times faster. It also preserves flavor and is economical on every level.
- It also preserves nutrients. It infuses seafood, meat, locks in precious vitamins and flavors, and it does all this without any extra fat. So you get a nice, juicy, healthy meal.
- The inner pot is removable, it’s easy to clean, either by hand or dishwasher.
- You can also cook just about anything by just pushing a button. It cooks for a fraction of the time, it’s easy to operate, and is half the size of your conventional oven. This gives you more space in the kitchen.
- It offers a canning, preservation feature. This has however not been tested yet, so discretion is advised.
- Lacks a steam rack
- Short warranty doesn’t inspire confidence
- Offers fewer reassurances on safety compared to other products.
- The textured interior also makes cleaning difficult.
Instant Pot Cleaning Hacks
The Instant pot variety is still a bit pricey compared to the PPC XL line, but the yogurt function is a plus on its side. Other than that both pressure cooker lines work pretty well, and it will ultimately boil down to preference.